Sunday, November 6, 2011

Update at 26 weeks - November 2 at 10:36pm

I had a 26 week ultrasound today here in Reno!
Isaiah is 1.7 pounds and is now in the 13.9th percentile. YEAH...he is growing!
Currenlty his stomach is below his diaphragm (liver and intestines still up) but it is allowing his lungs to grow a little. I was actually able to see the lungs in the ultrasound. The Dr. told me to not hold to much hope on this because with CDH babies, the organs will go in and out throughout the pregnancy. But I say, "hey if an organ is out for a few days, that is a few more days the lungs have to develop without being restricted"
They took some measurements of the amniotic fluid, which they are measuring good. This means that he is drinking the fluid. It sounded weird to me at first but she said that there tends to be alot more fluid surrounding babies with CDH. So it is a really good sign that he is getting the nutrients he needs, he is just on the smaller side! 
He is kicking alot more now and I don't mind at all. I say kick away little man...get strong. 

So today was a wonderful day! 
I thank God every day and continue to pray that our little Isaiah will keep fighting and keep growing! I pray for strength for not only Isaiah but for us as well. 
No matter how big or small our battles may be, with God on our side, we can overcome anything! I will remain positive and keep faith in God and know that no matter what we do, Isaiah's destiny is in his hands! 
Please keep up the prayers! God is hearing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment